ZEPHYR regards the protection of personal information acquired through its housing sales business and other business activities as one of its highest priorities. Accordingly, ZEPHYR has established a personal information protection policy and takes steps to ensure that all employees understand and adhere to this policy.
1.Purpose of ZEPHYR personal information protection policy
- To ensure the reliable protection of personal information, thereby enabling customers and others (“related parties”) to do business with ZEPHYR with confidence
2.Handling of personal information
- ZEPHYR has established a management framework that reflects the nature of business operations to protect personal information gained through the housing sales business and other business activities. In addition, this information is handled properly and cautiously as prescribed by internal company rules. Personal information is collected, used, supplied and entrusted to others solely for clearly defined purposes and within the scope of these purposes. Furthermore, the use of personal information is based on methods that are legal and fair. In particular, information is supplied or entrusted to third parties solely within the scope of purposes to which these parties have agreed. Moreover, ZEPHYR supervises these third parties to be certain that personal information is handled properly.
- To ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, ZEPHYR executes security measures and other safety initiatives. These initiatives are aimed at preventing unauthorized access to personal information and the loss, destruction, revision, leaks and other problems involving personal information,
4.Adherence to laws, regulations and ethical standards
- ZEPHYR strictly adheres to laws, regulations and industry guidelines concerning personal information to ensure the reliable protection of this information.
5.Continuous improvement of personal information protection framework
- ZEPHYR constantly checks the operation of its personal information protection framework and uses the results to revise the framework for the purpose of achieving continuous improvements.
6.Disclosure of personal information protection policy
- This personal information protection policy is distributed to ZEPHYR executives and employees as well as made available to the public.
7.Personal information hotline
- ZEPHYR has established a hotline to handle requests from related parties concerning the disclosure, revision, deletion, termination of use and other matters involving personal information.
◆Purpose of using personal information at ZEPHYR
ZEPHYR uses personal information for the following purposes:
- 1.To close contracts, and fulfill the related obligations, involving business activities (real estate purchases and sales, leasing, brokerage, management, building construction, insurance agency, etc.).
- 2.To provide real estate property data and other information as required concerning businesses conducted by ZEPHYR Group companies (Head office addresses, business activities and other information on ZEPHYR Group companies can be found on the ZEPHYR Web site. Note that group companies may be newly established, combined or otherwise changed in the future.).
- 3.To provide notices and other information concerning events conducted by or sponsored by ZEPHYR and/or its group companies
- 4.To assist in arranging loans for parties wishing to purchase real estate
- 5.To provide after-sales services involving ZEPHYR business activities
- 6.To respond to questions, requests for consultations, suggestions and other input concerning ZEPHYR’s business activities
- 7.To perform shareholder administrative services
- 8.To perform recruiting and personnel management activities
◆Provision of personal information to third parties
ZEPHYR does not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual involved. However, ZEPHYR may pass on personal information to third parties without prior consent in the following instances.
- 1.When required by laws or regulations
- 2.When needed to protect an individual’s life, physical well-being or finances in cases where it is difficult to obtain the individual’s consent
- 3.When cooperation is required to perform tasks prescribed by law by a party authorized by a national government or local government agency in cases where obtaining consent of the individual would prevent the agency from executing the task
- 4.When personal information is shared with a trusted outsourcing partner within the scope of the purpose of using the information, and only to the extent required.
◆Shared use of personal information
ZEPHYR shares personal information with its group companies.
1.Scope of shared use
- ・ZEPHYR Group companies (Head office addresses, business activities and other information on ZEPHYR Group companies can be found on the ZEPHYR Web site. Note that group companies may be newly established, combined or otherwise changed in the future.).
・In cases where a property is sold jointly by ZEPHYR’s real estate sales business and another seller or where sales are outsourced to another company, personal information is shared with the other seller or outsourcing partner.
2.Purpose of use
- Same as listed in “purpose of using personal information at ZEPHYR” above
3.Items included in shared use of personal information
- Name, address, telephone and other information required to fulfill the purposes listed in (2) above
4.Party responsible for management of personal information
- ZEPHYR Co., Ltd.
Jusen KM Bldg
1-4-3 Iwamoto-choi,Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0032
*Separate notice will provided in the event that another party assumes joint responsibility for the management of personal information.
◆Inquiries concerning personal information
Requests for disclosure, revisions, termination of use and other matters concerning personal information held by ZEPHYR, as well as questions, suggestions and other items involving personal information, should be submitted as follows.
- ZEPHYR Personal Information Hotline (Management Dep. of ZEPHYR)
Jusen KM Bldg
1-4-3 Iwamoto-cho,Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0032
Tel: +81-(3)-5846-9538 (weekdays from 9:00 to 17:00)
2.Method for requesting disclosure of personal information
- Individuals are asked to use the disclosure request form provided by ZEPHYR to submit disclosure requests. Please fill in the required items and mail the form to the above address. Individuals are also asked to submit a processing fee of \1,600 with each application.
*For more information concerning this procedure, please refer to the instruction sheet that is included with each disclosure request form.